While we focus on sustainability across industries and policy areas, we are now looking specifically for someone in Brussels with knowledge on Energy, Climate and Chemicals-related policies. Think: ETS, REACH and Green Deal initiatives such as the Circular Economy Action Plan and the Farm to Fork Strategy.
The successful candidate will assist in advising on public affairs strategies for internationally-recognised sustainable frontrunners. The role will also require assistance in engagement with EU policy-makers, as well as events and logistical support. Of course, it will also entail support to the team in monitoring and analysing EU regulatory developments.
Skills and experience
- Around 2 years of experience in an EU institution/agency, consultancy or in-house public affairs team;
- Excellent understanding of EU decision-making processes and knowledge of energy/environment/climate/chemicals-related policies;
- Good contact base among stakeholders relevant to the practice field;
- Good analytical and drafting skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English, native speaker equivalent;
- Creativity, business-oriented, good communication and networking skills;
- Good proficiency on the Office MS package;
- An interest in writing and blogging and a wealth of ideas about sustainability;
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously.
In return, #SustainablePublicAffairs offers you the possibility of working with a new kind of Public Affairs agency that aims to lead the sustainability revolution in Public Affairs. We exclusively take on cases that have a positive effect on the environment. We are a highly professional start-up with a lot of room for personal growth and development. We will also offer you an attractive salary package as well as a bicycle for commuting.
Email your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com. We hope you will become part of our journey.